Tips To Make Your Interior Paint Last
If you’re looking to refresh and update your Denver home without breaking down walls, then interior painting might be just the thing for you. The great thing about painting your home’s interior is that it allows you to express your personality and still maintain your interior decor budget. Along the same vein, you also don’t want to spend your hard-earned money on paint only to have it peel, chip, bleed through, or begin to look dingy way too soon.
To help your paint last, our expert Denver painters put together this handy go-to list for when you start your interior painting project:
- Prime Before You Paint - One way to make your interior paint last is to prime your walls first. Professional painters recommend using a primer before a coat of paint instead of just using two coats of paint. Primer hides the previous colors that were on your walls, plus it enhances the richness of the paint you choose.
- Prevent Humidity - Humidity is the enemy of your interior paint, so make sure your South Denver home is well-insulated against moisture before you begin painting. Any moisture during painting will cause it to peel later on, and that means repainting.
- Paint On Clean Surfaces - If your walls are dirty, the paint won’t adhere to it. You’ll need to make sure your walls are clear of cobwebs, grease stains or dirt for a perfect paint application. Keep in mind that a dirty wall can loosen the paint that’s been applied, and over time it weakens the paints lasting ability.
- Repair Surfaces - If you notice any signs of rotting woodwork, warping, or insect damage, you’ll need to replace the wood before you can begin painting. If you try to paint over damaged wood it will ruin the appearance and quality of the paint job.
- Consider Hiring A Professional - A professional painter knows what the best products and procedures are to ensure your interior painting lasts a long time. They’re skilled in prepping surfaces, protecting your furniture and flooring, and will finish the job quickly and efficiently.
It’s important to adhere to these painting tips if you plan to handle your interior painting yourself. If you don’t want to go it alone, call your professional Denver painting contractors at EmeraldPro Painting of South Denver.