Wallpaper Removal Services
Why bother with wallpaper removal when you could just paint over it? That's the exact type of thinking that gets Boise homeowners in neck deep with a DIY project that they can't easily fix.
First of all, removing wallpaper from your Boise home gives you a clean slate to work with and is always the way to go. Yet, even more importantly, you've got to realize this is just one of those jobs that not only needs to be done, but it also needs to be executed by a house painting professional.
There is a common misconception that wallpaper that's already peeling is going to be easy to remove. However, this isn't usually the case.
It's true that aging wallpaper glue starts to lose its ability to adhere to the wall. That's why it tends to pull away in certain areas or even complete sections.
However, you are likely to find that this same glue can hold on quite stubbornly in the places it hasn't already started to deteriorate.
EmeraldPro Painting of Boise is the interior painting company you can rely on for all your service needs. We take great pride in the work that we do and that is evident in the results we get for every customer, every time.
Wallpaper Removal vs. Painting Over
Even if you're still thinking about trying to paint over that old layer of wallpaper you'd rather not look at any longer, here are a few points to ponder:
- Different paint finishes are better at covering wall blemishes. The flatter the paint finish, the better it will be at concealing existing defects. Yet no paint can hide seams from wallpaper. Paint is good for coloring the walls, not hiding flaws. The bottom line is that you're going to notice the seams.
- The texture of the wallpaper itself will also show through. Forget the seams, if the wall covering has texture you're going to notice that more than anything else. In some cases, you'll be able to see the outline of the design, such as a floral print, showing through the paint.
- Home methods used to remove wallpaper are messy, potentially damaging to the walls and can pose a health risk. Is it really worth all of that to bypass letting a trained and experienced interior painter handle the job?
- Removing the wallpaper in any method other than what a professional would do can damage your walls. It's going to take down the paint it's stuck to causing an uneven surface. That's at best. At worst, it can damage the drywall in the process and you'll need to call a professional painting contractor to fix it anyway. You're better off just letting a pro take care of the entire job, from start to finish.
The good news is that when you hire a professional Boise painting contractor in the first place to take care of your wallpaper removal, you already have someone lined up to take care of the actual painting to follow.
Understand the Process
If you're like most homeowners, you'll want to know more about what exactly happens during the wallpaper removal process.
- Careful attention goes into the removal of the existing wallpaper. We can assess the current condition of the wallpaper in order to determine what the best approach would be for removal. This is how we minimize the likelihood of pitting or scarring the walls.
- We remove the paper using the right equipment for your walls. This is usually based on whether you have drywall or plaster.
- Following the removal, we clean the wall. No matter how smoothly the initial removal process goes, you're likely to still have some glue residue or stuck on paper. This rinse and cleaning process gets the last of it off. Plus, it gives you a clean surface to start with when you're ready for the interior painting process to start.
- Don't get too eager, you still have to wait for the walls to dry before we can take the next step. This can take as long as two days because it's better to be safe than sorry. The walls need to be dry before moving on or you could end up with damaged walls or even mold.
- Once dry, we can move on to the sanding and sealing process. This is what ultimately creates a quality top surface for the paint to be applied.
- Still, there may be minor repair needs to be made. We will fill these, so the final result is a smooth surface and a wall that is good as new.
- Finally, your walls are ready to be painted.
It surprises most people to realize just how involved the process really is. There are a lot more steps involved than the average person realizes.
What's worse is sometimes it turns out that there are multiple layers of wallpaper. This is an even more challenging process and we can expertly take care of it, but, again, it's not something that should be handled by anyone other than a true professional.
Making Good Choices About Your Home
When you make the decision to partner with our team here at EmeraldPro Painting of Boise, you get the high-quality workmanship that you deserve. You can also feel confident knowing we offer other superior services such as:
- Epoxy Flooring - Seal that concrete and make it look its very best! Epoxy flooring can turn drab to fab and make concrete even sturdier than it already is.
- Interior Painting - Our goal is to help you make your space look amazing. The work we do for interior painting beautifies your home.
- Popcorn Removal - Not only are textured ceilings outdated and unsightly, but they can also contain asbestos. It's simply not worth the health risk, so let us remove it for you.
Recent Painting Company Articles
Understanding the Various Paint Finishes
Even if you aren't the painting professional in your own painting project, you should still know some basics about paint. This will help you make decisions about your own Boise home and about the type of paint that's used and which painting company to pick. […]
What Paint Color Should Your Master Bedroom Be?
Paint color selection for any room in the house can feel like quite the challenge. However, when it comes to your master bedroom, it just seems more personal. […]