Popcorn Removal Services
The market for service providers able to offer popcorn removal in Boise is so plentiful it's hard to believe anyone ever wanted this type of textured ceiling. Truth be told, it was mostly contractors and home builders looking for ways to save money that made popcorn ceilings so commonplace.
Now, decades later, it's practically every homeowner's worst nightmare. Not to mention poor real estate brokers who dread listing or trying to show a home with this feature.
Turns out, there are way more cons than pros and now the goal is to rid the world of popcorn ceilings, one home at a time. We've accepted the challenge and want to help you with a popcorn removal.
What was once used because it was cheap to make and easy to apply is now proving how much harder it is to deal with when taking it down. Popcorn ceilings can be sprayed into place as an easy way to cover ceilings and conceal blemishes, but few contractors use this method nowadays.
Popular and commonly used from the 1950's until around the 1980's, it became common with investment property owners who had homes to rent and needed to be able to fix the look of the ceilings, cheaply and easily. You no longer have to live with it though, but it is extremely important that you let a reputable professional handle the popcorn removal for you.
Why Popcorn Ceilings Get a Bad Rap
Sure, it may not be much to look at, but is popcorn ceiling deserving of all the hate? The answer is yes and here are some of the reasons why:
· For one thing, it's not just that this textured ceiling is unsightly, it's that it ends up becoming the focal point of the room because it's so unfashionable. Now that popcorn ceilings have become something so many people can't stand, it makes them stand out that much more, especially since it covers such a large surface area. So, no matter how much money and effort you put into your interior design aesthetics, the first thing that anyone notices when they walk in the room will be those outdated ceilings.
· Any undesirable trait a home has negatively affects the property value. Until you take the time to have them removed, the worth of your home is going to take a hit. You can do a lot of things to improve your home and increase the worth, such as building a deck or adding an outdoor living space. Yet popcorn ceilings are one of the few details that help increase the home by removing it instead of adding it.
· One of the most important reasons you should dislike textured ceilings and want them out of your home is that they could be posing a very real health threat. Homes built prior to 1978 run the risk of containing asbestos in this textured material. It was used to add bulk and texture, without the knowledge it could be potentially harmful. If your home was built before the late 70's, make sure to have it tested immediately for asbestos. Popcorn removal where this hazardous material is concerned should only be handled by a trained expert who has a certification with asbestos abatement.
· It's a dirt trap! The texture traps dirt, dust, cobwebs, and other airborne contaminants. The worst part is that it's not even easy to clean which means you end up stuck with a filthy looking ceiling. Aside from being unsightly, this can be a nightmare for anyone in your household who suffers from asthma, allergies or other respiratory-related health issues.
· It's next to impossible to paint, even for house painting pros. The texture gets in the way making little hard-to-reach nooks that end up with no paint. On the other hand, peaks of texture end up soaking up more paint and can even cause paint to drip. In most cases, the dirty popcorn ceiling that you see is the same sprayed on mess it was when it was originally applied in whatever decade that was.
Calling in the Interior Painting Pros for Popcorn Removal
All kidding aside, your popcorn ceiling should go and it's not the type of job that you should take care of on your own. You need a professional Boise painter to do a popcorn removal because:
· As mentioned previously, this textured material could contain asbestos. Only someone trained in this field with proper extraction certification should take care of this for you. Everyone's health could be at risk if you or someone unauthorized to handle this hazardous material attempt the removal.
· It's also easy to end up damaging the ceilings. The whole point of textured ceilings is to cover blemishes that would be easy to spot in smooth ceilings. If you end up causing damage to the ceilings in the process, they will be easy to spot once the job is completed.
· This is no easy job. Even for trained and experienced painting contractors who have access to the right equipment, this is a tedious hassle of a job. Trying to do it yourself is not just painfully time-consuming, it can wear out your back, neck, and arm muscles in the process. Not to mention, you run the risk of falling from the ladder you're standing on and causing much more serious injuries.
Hire a professional interior painter in Boise. At EmeraldPro Painting of Boise is ready, willing, and more than capable of taking care of this project for you. We will provide you with the exceptional workmanship and personalized customer care that you want, need, and deserve.
Recent Painting Company Articles
Understanding the Various Paint Finishes
Even if you aren't the painting professional in your own painting project, you should still know some basics about paint. This will help you make decisions about your own Boise home and about the type of paint that's used and which painting company to pick. […]
What Paint Color Should Your Master Bedroom Be?
Paint color selection for any room in the house can feel like quite the challenge. However, when it comes to your master bedroom, it just seems more personal. […]