Epoxy Flooring Services
Here at EmeraldPro Painting of Boise, we offer more than just the basics when it comes to house painting. For instance, we offer high-quality epoxy flooring because more and more savvy, Boise homeowners are making the switch to have this type of flooring in their homes.
So what exactly is an epoxy flooring system in the first place? This is comprised of two main components - the resins and the hardeners. When mixed together, they create a chemical reaction and that forms a sturdy plastic material.
Known for being strong, this is often used with concrete and improves the look, as well as prevents damage like chipping or cracking. To be called epoxy, it means the floor is at least 2 millimeters thick.
Anything less and it's just a floor coating.
Epoxy flooring is commonly used in commercial settings, especially industrial warehouses. That's because it's simple to keep clean and the reflectivity helps with visibility and that makes conditions safer.
It's also often found in showrooms because it looks good and helps showcase the items being sold, like cars for example. Homeowners began first using this flooring system in their own garages; it made for a surface that was easy to clean and looked better than standard concrete.
It became so popular homeowners then wanted it in other parts of the home, getting decorative with the finishes for an even more alluring final look. Now, you can have an epoxy flooring system installed in your home and see what a difference it makes, and our Boise painting company has skilled professionals who will make the installation quick and convenient to your schedule.
Where Can Epoxy Flooring Be Used?
What surprises consumers is when they found out how versatile epoxy flooring can be. It starts with learning more about all the places this floor coating can be found, such as:
- Basements - Notorious for looking dull and feeling anything but homey, basements often still have the concrete slab floor system. If you'd like to spruce things up a bit, review the options you have for styles with epoxy and completely transform the lower level of your house from drab to fab.
- Logos - Although once only popular in commercial applications, many homeowners are using epoxy flooring to do an inlay of a logo or artwork, maybe even a monogram or family crest. From the family's favorite football team to commissioned artwork you want to be preserved, you can completely transform the look of your home and make it unique and distinct.
- Enclosed Patios - This is especially useful for patios between a pool area and the home. All that water can easily be wiped away. When you add epoxy, you change the surface from porous to non-porous and that means water can no longer soak in.
- Driveways - Let's be honest, there is nothing that tarnishes the curb appeal of a home quicker than a stained driveway. Those spots that usually form as a result of motor oil just keeping looking worse over time. Getting the driveway pressure washed every year helps, but your driveway just never looks as good as new again. Seal it with epoxy and it's a game-changer. All those fluids simply pool on top of the epoxy and can be wiped or washed away. Underneath is a clean and good-as-new driveway that makes your house look beautiful.
Anywhere you'd like a seamless decorative floor, epoxy can get the job done. Or, you can use this to help with tasks like floor leveling or sealing for porous materials.
Our Epoxy Flooring Process
Before deciding to let an epoxy floor coating company come in and add this to your home, you should better understand the process. Here's a brief overview of what we do:
- It starts when we analyze the space. This assessment includes finding out more about what you may need and what your goals are for this project. This is how we use the right type of epoxy for your project, such as slip-resistant, glossy, etc.
- Just like prepping the walls before applying paint, you have to prepare the floors before epoxy application. We use grinding and blasting, in most cases, so that the surface will be ready to take the resin. This removes existing stains as much as possible, and levels things out to some degree.
- Finally, the resin is applied and creates your beautiful, waterproof, and durable flooring. Our process will be tweaked based on factors such as humidity, temperature, and the weather in general.
Everything we do is to ensure that you get peak performance and maximum longevity from your new epoxy floors.
Reap the Rewards of Your New Epoxy Flooring System
Once in place, all you have to do is sit back and enjoy the benefits. If you haven't already figured out what they are, take a look at these examples:
- It just looks better. Even a plain gloss resin over a dull grey concrete is going to make the floor look better. Add some metallic flakes or pour it over painted concrete and you're going to totally transform and enhance the visual aesthetics.
- While concrete is known for being durable, this is a great way to make it even sturdier. Aside from less concern about things like chips and cracks, your floors will now be resilient to things like chemical spills and stains.
- The shine makes conditions brighter. That, in turn, improves visibility and that results in making conditions safer. Plus, if you opt for a slip-resistant finish, you're increasing safety conditions even more so.
For the best results, make it a point to give our team of interior painters in Boise a call. We can answer questions or provide superior workmanship for your epoxy flooring system.
Recent Painting Company Articles
Understanding the Various Paint Finishes
Even if you aren't the painting professional in your own painting project, you should still know some basics about paint. This will help you make decisions about your own Boise home and about the type of paint that's used and which painting company to pick. […]
What Paint Color Should Your Master Bedroom Be?
Paint color selection for any room in the house can feel like quite the challenge. However, when it comes to your master bedroom, it just seems more personal. […]